Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Process Development Engineer
Location: US - OR - St. Helens
About Dyno Nobel
Dyno Nobel, a wholly owned subsidiary of Incitec Pivot Limited, is a global leader in the commercial explosives industry. We provide blasting solutions and quality explosives products throughout North America and Australia, as well as selected customers in the Asia Pacific region. Due to continued results and world-leading innovation, customers in the mining, quarry, construction, pipeline and geophysical exploration industries choose Dyno Nobel.
Process Development Engineer
Participate and lead in the identification, evaluation and execution of process technology improvement opportunities to improve process safety and profitability for Dyno Nobel’s nitric acid and ammonium nitrate manufacturing facilities at St. Helens, OR and throughout North America.
Reports to: North American Process Development Manager
1. Identify, evaluate and execute process technology improvement projects to deliver improved uptime / reduce process related losses, additional throughput / debottlenecking, improved energy efficiency, improved raw material conversion and other cost saving opportunities.
2. Develop scopes of work and business case analysis for project ideas to use for evaluation, project terms of reference documentation (TOR), and refinement in front end loading (FEL) engineering.
3. Prepare TOR documentation and get buy in from plant management and steering committees.
4. Prepare and/or assist with preparation of project funding requests, capital expenditure proposals (CEP).
5. Provide process technology support throughout projects, from idea development through engineering, implementation, commissioning, and performance verification.
6. Initiate and participate in design and safety reviews.
7. Identify, rank and execute projects to improve plant process safety.
8. Assist with resolution of plant process problems and provide process technology support to plants.
9. Provide support to the global process technology managers and for process technology initiatives.
10. Participate in turnaround planning and execution.
11. Participate in BEx activities and other site/business initiatives.
12. Participate in networking and benchmarking to identify opportunities for improving plant performance.
13. Decision Making Authority:
14. Ensure the most appropriate technology is used in development of project scopes.
15. Ensure the MOC process is followed for all process technology projects.
16. Ensure design reviews and process hazard reviews are completed at the appropriate time for all projects.
17. Major Challenges:
18. Develop project scopes and business cases getting buy in, and agreement of project terms and outcomes, from plant management, steering committees, and relevant functional teams.
· Degree in Chemical Engineering
· 4-8 years experience in industrial chemical processing.
· A background in ammonia and urea manufacturing with project execution experience preferred.
· A background in nitric acid and ammonium nitrate manufacturing a plus.
· Good process engineering knowledge and experience in other types of chemical processing will be considered.
· Knowledge of the technologies and processes used in ammonia and urea manufacturing facilities.
· Knowledge of PSM requirements for chemical manufacturing.
Work Environment and Physical Conditions:
· Ability to wear and care for applicable personal protective equipment (such as, safety glasses and shoes, respirator, hard hat and ear protection, safety harness) as required by site-specific requirements.
Dyno Nobel is an equal opportunity employer
Being a part of the Dyno Nobel team is a combination of everything that is unique about Dyno Nobel: our culture, our core values, our commitment to safety, but most importantly, it is our people. It is what set us apart from your average employer, and is everything that makes Dyno Nobel a great place to work. At Dyno Nobel, we are committed to equal employment opportunity.
Dyno Nobel does not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us. Our supplier base is restricted to specified hiring needs. Therefore, any resume received from an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, and Dyno Nobel will not be obligated to pay a referral or placement fee.
Are you a returning applicant?
If you do not remember your passwordclick here.
* Select Language
* Americas - English
* Asia Pacific - English
* Canada - French
* Latin America - Spanish
* Incitec Pivot Limited
* About Dyno Nobel
* Technical Library
* Contact Us
© 2011 Dyno Nobel Inc. All Rights Reserved.