Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Job Title: Technical Training and Support Associate (Pacific Division)
Area of Interest: Development/Fundraising
Training Design & Delivery
Job Description: Summary:
The American Red Cross has embarked on an enterprise-wide project known as DDCOE that represents a transformational change in how the Red Cross serves its financial donors. It also provides significant change in the way internal business is conducted. The DDCOE project is a conceptual road map to create a donor-centered fundraising operation for the entire American Red Cross. It proposes that the organization better work together to raise money, be more efficient and improve the donor experience. The enterprise-wide donor data management system includes the Salesforce tool that front line fundraisers use for day to day fundraising activities and a centralization of donor data, gift processing and financial recording to the general ledger, is on the critical path for realizing the vision of DDCOE. At the direction of the Director, Fundraising & User Support, the Technical Training & Support Associate will support the ongoing DDCOE training activities.
Responsible for learning & user support activities associated with technical training and education programs including design, development, facilitation, evaluation, reporting, follow-up and user support. Design and create instructional materials including course & participant manuals, job aids and simulation scripts for different learning mediums including instructor-led, webinar, self-paced and blended learning programs. Support fundraisers by providing guidance and support to users on functionality, policies and procedures, technical issues, and best practices. Coordinate activities with Fundraising Training Team to eliminate duplicate efforts, ensure economies of scale and identify best practices when training and supporting users during the implementation of the DDCOE project phases. User learning and application associated with Salesforce.com and other systems as identified. Preparation of activity and progress reports, as requested. Additional projects and responsibilities as assigned.This position will be based from a Red Cross office location in the West Coast (California, Oregon, or Washington) and primarily support the Pacific Division.
• Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience, in Business Administration, Information Systems, Adult Learning or related field.
• Three to five years of experience analyzing training needs, developing or designing training programs and curriculum and able to translate business requirements into training needs.
• Anunderstanding of fundraising and non-profit policies and procedures a plus, but not required.
•Salesforce.com or other CRM expertise preferred. Captivate and/or Articulate experience desirable.
• Enthusiastic, resourceful and energetic team player with ability to adapt easily to new assignments and environments and thrives in a fast‐paced organization.
• Good understanding of training and user support methodologies with the ability to competently apply adult learning techniques is essential.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including strong presentation skills and positive influential interpersonal skills required; ability to communicate in both technical and non-technical terms.
• A passion for teaching and supporting others is necessary along with the ability to work with diverse groups of people.
• Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills are essential.
• Can handle deadlines, pressure and changing priorities with good judgment and operational flexibility to meet unpredictable business needs.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with Saba or other LMS system desired.
• Willingness to work outside standard established work hours and a moderate amount of business travel may be required.
The American Red Cross National Headquarters is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Requisition Number: NHQ31296
Chapter Code - Chapter Description:
If this is a Chapter Position then select the Chapter - Chapter Description
Business Unit: NHQ
Country: United States
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Shift: 1st - First Shift
Work Schedule: Monday thru Friday
Percentage of Travel:
Relocation Eligibility: No