Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Senior Specialist, Inventory Supply Chain
Location: United States-Oregon-Portland
Other Locations: nullSummary of Job Purpose and Function
The primary purpose and function of the Senior Specialist, Inventory Supply Chain is to develop, project manage, and provide support to hospitals as they maneuver the implemented inventory management program, offering insight and direction to planning and implementing improved supply chain systems while assisting the Commercial Team and Banfield identify and leverage supply chain opportunities.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
* Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
* Provide strategic direction, project management oversight, training and improvements through the application of change management, continuous improvement, implementation, and influencing and communication methodologies.
* Create and implement a long term plan for hospital inventory systems by developing a strategic plan, identifying a team and managing the project, including communication, stakeholder approval and training.
* In depth understanding and implementation of all inventory analysis & reporting, including creating, maintenance and execution of training programs, rollouts and communications.
* Develop, recommend and rollout inventory management strategies.
* Identify research and solve all procurement inventory discrepancies.
* Own inventory categorization and accounting counting cycles including forecasting reports. Challenge the status quo by developing and recommending modifications to existing processes. Project management with implementation, updates and rollouts of inventory systems.
* Provide Continuous Improvement expertise (e.g., Lean, Six Sigma, etc.) through project coaching, leading and training/development, including cost and process improvements.
* Direct and manage overall project status, budget, resources, change controls, and risks.
* Partner with the Business, Technology, Medicine and Functional Teams to deliver objectives.
* Ensure Governance Oversight process is documented and administered as designed.
* Plan, prepare for, and effectively facilitate team meetings, and presentations.
* Translate plans/policies into specific goals, tactics, action plans, and deliverables.
* Effectively communicate problem status to senior management.
* Other job duties as assigned.Experience, Education and/or Training
* Bachelor’s degree required, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
* Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience in inventory analysis or management.
* Strong understanding of purchasing and procurement methodology required.
* Understanding FDA regulations on products, DEA ordering requirements, and Schedule II drug ordering required.
* Oracle Financial Module experience required.
* Project management certification preferred.
* Prefer health care background (veterinary or human healthcare, pharmaceutical, etc.).
Banfield Pet Hospital®is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. It is our mission to provide equal employment opportunities to all candidates and to ensure that access to jobs is strictly based on job-related criteria.