Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: NP - Primary Care Access Management - Regional Float (On-Call)
Location: Portland, OR
Provide high quality health care to Kaiser Permanente members in a cost-effective manner and n accordance with accepted professional practice standards.
Provide high-quality health care through direct assessment, diagnosis, and formulation/implementation of treatment plan for patients with common acute chronic illnesses and injuries (may include performing histories and physicals; ordering, interpreting, and following up on diagnostic studies; ordering medications; assisting with surgery; performing minor surgery; rounding on patients; and assuming on-call responsibilities). Perform health maintenance services, including patient education, for well members. Refer patients for specialty consultation or difficult problems. Document in writing all care in patient's permanent medical record in accordance with accepted medical/legal standards. Provide all medical care in accordance with accepted practice standards, hospital/clinic protocols (including supervision by a physician), and state licensing guidelines.
- Coordinate, develop or organize patient or department services or programs. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in developing department/hospital protocols.
- Screen incoming department referrals.
- Coordinate CME activities for department.
- Develop written patient education materials.
- Provide in-service training Proctor NP/PA students.
- Chair or participate on committees such as Breastfeeding Task Force, Regional Controlled Substance Abuse Committee, etc.
- Graduate of ANA-approved NP or AMA-approved PA or Child Health Associate training program (both provide masters or equivalent degrees) or equivalent requirements to meet State licensure.
- PA: National certification, state medical license, and prescribing registration at time of hire
- NP: National certification state RN license, state NP license, and prescribing registration at time of hire
- Thorough and working knowledge of all common diseases in specialty field; familiarity with less common diseases.
- Working knowledge of state health care laws, licensing board regulations and controlled substance regulations.
- Important to know limitations and when to refer patients.
- Ability to assess, diagnose and effectively treat common medical diseases and injuries.
- Ability to use appropriate procedural/testing equipment, to see large volume of patients, and to interface with large provider and support staff.
- Minor surgery or surgical assist skills.
- Demonstrate customer-focused service skills.
- Two years clinical experience
$43.63 - $64.96