Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
eCommerce Web Developer
Location: Corporate - Portland, OR - Headquarters
Requisition Number: 6183
# of openings: 1
We have a reputation
At Columbia Sportswear, we’re known for our innovation, quality and value. Last time we checked, you didn’t get that kind of reputation without the right people making it happen. That’s where you come into the picture.
Utilizing your thorough knowledge of server-side and object oriented programming, you will work with a team of highly talented individuals to create and launch digital commerce solutions globally. With 4 brands and over 30 sites, your challenges (should you wish to accept this mission) will include building a scaleable, distributed, component-based architecture that meets the needs of consumers across form factors and around the world. Built on top of Demandware’s SaaS Commerce engine we are looking for skills and ingenuity to help us tune and optimize our use of the platform as we continue to scale our business around it and our eco-system partners.
* Develop, test, deploy, and optimize Demandware customizations utilizing knowledge of best practices.
* Utilize a test driven development philosophy to build quality code base.
* Instrument and monitor all new integrations and web services to ensure site performance and up-time guarantee’s
* Perform security audits on the code and environments.
* Write technical documentation related to processes and specifications.
* Research & suggest emerging technologies with the goal of applying these technologies to current and future projects.
* Work closely with Project Managers for setting project priorities.
* Preferred experience working with Demandware pipelines and cartridges and utilize Demandware best practices
* Experience with performance testing, load testing, security testing, and automated testing preferred.
* Experience with managing and tuning internal search engines and optimizing index management
* Backend development expertise
* Integration expertise leveraging REST, SOAP, and other integration protocols
* At least 3-5 years’ experience in server programming languages such as JAVA, PHP, .NET, etc.
* Experience working in large team and within a distributed environment
* Experience with working in a shared version control environment (git/mercurial/svn)
* Experience building high-performance, large-scale server applications and reliable software.
* Experience setting up instrumentation and monitoring for highly available web applications using tools such as Gomez or Tealeaf.
* Experience working with QA teams and plays well with others
* 2-3 years developing on an eCommerce platform a plus
* Volleyball experience a plus
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related work experience equivalent to a degree.
If you’re as innovative as our products, we want to hear from you.
Columbia Sportswear is an equal opportunity employer.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.