Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Reference # : 13-00220 Title : Business Systems Analyst
Location : Portland, OR
Position Type : Right to Hire
Experience Level : 3 Years Start Date : 03/14/2013
Title: Business Systems Analyst
Duration: Contract to Perm
Location: Portland, OR
The Business Systems Analyst serves as an integral part of the IT Department and, as such, may be called upon to perform other IT duties in addition to those detailed here.
- Minimum three years of previous experience as a business systems analyst or similar role.
- Five years of IT experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science from an accredited college or university; or equivalent education/experience in the information technology field.
- Demonstrated experience in systems, data and business analysis.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience writing T-SQL queries in fulfilling user data requests.
- Experience with SSRS and SSIS development.
- Experience developing a data architecture
- Ability to accommodate various data quality considerations
- Experience providing software-related customer support and training to a non-technical user base.
- Demonstrated ability to verbally, and in writing, communicate in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
- Experience managing small to medium size projects.
- Demonstrated ability to excel in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to work off-hours and extended hours as needed to support IT processes and timelines.
- Analyzes and documents how systems and databases are designed and how they currently function against business requirements.
- Works proactively with the users and IT staff to identify business requirements and to architect and implement solutions.
- Coordinates the activities of persons engaged in development projects.
- Manages projects using a standard project management methodology.
- Tests and deploys applications and changes.
- Designs, develops, tests, and deploys reports to meet user needs.
- Fulfills data requests from users.
- Maintains accurate documentation on applications, data structures, queries, and reports.
- Performs proactive application administration and maintenance tasks to keep assigned applications functioning efficiently and effectively.
- Responds to user issues and finds solutions to resolve issues.
- Trains users and documents usage guidelines and procedures.
- Carries out other duties as may be assigned or requested
Great Benefits (after conversion to Perm):
3 weeks paid vacation + 2 floater days + 12 paid sick days, 10 paid holidays, free TriMet passes, 401K (6% of salary to 401K accounts regardless of individual contribution), health/dental/vision (92% coverage of individual and covered dependents)