Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Department: Clinic Ops
Schedule: On Call
Supports and provides patient care based on physician and patient need according to clinic policies and protocols. Ensures patients are properly received and the necessary business and record keeping functions are completed prior and post to the patient receiving medical services. This individual is under the supervision of the physician and immediate supervisor within the scope of the practice for Certified Medical Assistants.
* Ability to meet minimum clinic hiring standards.
* Strong clerical skills, including computer software proficiency.
* Certified Medical Assistant preferred.
* CPR certification within three months of employment.
* One year medical assistant experience in a clinic setting preferred.
* Phlebotomy skills.
* Working knowledge of general medical equipment and instruments.
* Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
* Excellent communication skills including ability to relate well with a variety of people and to sustain an attitude of respect for all individuals.
Essential Job Functions:*
* Performs patient care responsibilities to include but not limited to:
a. Intake – to include but not limited to updating current medication and problem lists, past medical history, allergies, vitals
* Performs routine clinic responsibilities to include but not limited to:
b. Review and address staff and individual Athena buckets
c. Refill approved medications
d. Address Patient Cases in a timely manner preferably within a 4 hour window
* Maintains appropriate EMR documentation, obtains necessary prior authorizations, provides notification to patient and physician and follows up on all physician orders.
* Maintains patient rights and organizational ethics.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Essential Physical, Mental and/or Environmental Working Conditions:
1. Must be able to meet the physical/mental demands of position with or without accommodation.
2. Must be able to utilize good judgment, demonstrate patience, and maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
3. Must be flexible and able to work in a busy and stressful environment.