Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Software Engineer Intern
Location: USA-Oregon, Hillsboro
Job Number: 703756
The Software Engineer Intern will develop client/server application(s) with the purpose of measuring power and performance of rendering applications on a mobile platform (e.g. phone, tablet, or notebook) vs. running portions of the applications on servers in a Cloud environment. The resulting output of the development and research will be in the form of case studies / write-ups on Intel's software developer zone (http://software.intel.com) illustrating the pros and cons of running such applications entirely on mobile systems, versus offloading them to backend servers.
Responsibilities may be quite diverse of a software technical nature. Experience and education requirements will vary significantly depending on the unique needs of the job. Job assignments are usually for the summer or for short periods during breaks from school. Behavioral traits for this position include strong verbal and written skills. Ideal candidate will have the ability to work independently, strong discipline and initiative.
1) Identifying new and/or existing software applications (e.g. Open Source) suitable for client-only and client-server rendering
2) Establishing a process for measuring performance and power consumption on Intel clients and servers when running the applications
3) Developing the applications (could be Games, or other tools), using Intel technologies where possible (e.g. Intel AVX, Intel AES-NI)
4) Measuring performance of the applications
5) Developing articles to be published externally on Intel's Software Developer Zone (http://software.intel.com) to explain the approaches taken, and the power/performance results obtained when running the applications on mobile clients vs. running portions on backend servers (to mimic what happens when running them in the Cloud)
Minimum skills and experience:
Candidate should be working towards a Masters or PHD in Computer Science or Engineering.
At least 1 year experience measuring power and performance of applications.
2 years knowledge of C, C , Visual Basic, programming in Windows and Linux.
1 years experience developing client-server applications, for example games
Preferred skills and experience:
-Prior experience through internships is a plus.-Android and HTML5 experience
Job Category: Software Engineering
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Job Type: Student/Intern