Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or a related field (foreign equivalent accepted).
Experience: Five (5) years post-Bachelor's progressive experience as Senior Application Software Engineer, Project Lead, Programmer Analyst, Software Engineer, or similar software engineering position.
Education: Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or a related field (foreign equivalent accepted).
Experience: Three (3) years post-Bachelor's progressive experience as Senior Application Software Engineer, Project Lead, Programmer Analyst, Software Engineer, or similar software engineering position.
3 years of experience with:
- Software development in Java. Experience in all lifecycle phases of software development including design, development, testing and software deployment and technical support.
- Developing web/enterprise (JEE) applications using Servlets, JSPs, MVC architecture frameworks, AJAX, HTML, EJBs, Web services, JPA/Hibernate, and Spring Framework.
- Working with enterprise level databases including Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server. Working with SQL and writing database stored procedures.
- Working with development tools and platforms including Ant/Maven, Eclipse, JIRA, Hudson/Team city, and CVS/SVN.
- Working with standard application (including JEE) servers, including Tomcat, Websphere and JBoss.
- Troubleshooting application problems including memory issues using tools including jmap, jhat, and jprobe. Interpreting the garbage collection logs for GC analysis including Garbage collection flags for GC tuning. Working with standard unix commands for analyzing including grep, cut, basic awk, basic shell scripting, vmstat, ps, top, prtconf, and prtdiag.
All experience, skills and requirements may be gained concurrently.