Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Customer Development Representative
Location: Beaverton, OR
Job Code: 3986
# of openings: 1
Last updated: 4/17/13 6:17 PM
TransCore, a subsidiary of Roper Industries, Inc. (NYSE: ROP) is seeking a full-time bilingual Customer Development Representative to join the Customer Relations Department in Beaverton, Oregon.
The Customer Development Representative is responsible for assuring customer development and retention by establishing and maintaining favorable relationships with representatives from assigned accounts, upselling products and services, researching and resolving customer problems, recommending modifications to products and service lines, and ensuring the overall quality of the customer’s experience with TransCore.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Within assigned account base, promotes sales by contacting representatives, leads, and/or prospects and presents TransCore’s products and services; including accurate descriptions of product features and benefits, quoting current pricing, and generating sales.
* Maintains quality customer relationships by delivering exceptional customer service, establishing rapport with decision-makers, and researching, identifying and meeting customer needs and expectations.
* Meets or exceeds individual and team retention expectations and sales goals.
* Provides consultative sales approach to place the correct TransCore product with the customer to assure retention and revenue goals are met.
* Assures all CRM database fields are kept complete and current.
* Increases product knowledge within the market by displaying or demonstrating product features and benefits, using frequent phone, fax and mail contacts with representatives, leads, and/or prospects within assigned account base.
* Profiles account base by size (revenue with TransCore), potential growth, satisfaction and keep lists/funnel current.
* Services account base by contacting them every 6 months.
* Develops sales by up-selling/migrating current customers on products/services and expansion.
* Provides product information by answering inbound calls and questions from customers.
* Completes the initial new customer Hand-Hold process as outlined in the Hand-Hold Policy and Procedures.
Required Skills and Experience:
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; college degree preferred
* Previous account management experience; ability to multi-task
* Excellent customer service, communication, interpersonal, and listening skills
* Business-like phone and interpersonal etiquette
* Excellent organization skill with strong attention to detail and follow through
* Good decision-making skills
* Self-directed/motivated, assertive, risk-and results-orientated
* Computer proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and Access, Internet Explorer
* Experience with Sales Management System software, as well as data entry skill preferred
* CRM experience, a plus
* Alert, personable, well-groomed/professional appearance
* Valid driver’s license with clean MVR required
TransCore DAT has supported the transportation industry for over 30 years since the de-regulation of the trucking industry in 1980. Today, TransCore is recognized for its:
* World-class staff devoted to developing and supporting our services and customers
* High quality industry information analytics
* DAT Extended Network, the industry's largest freight marketplace
We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible savings accounts, 401K, Life and AD&D insurance, a comprehensive Paid Leave program, and a Tuition Reimbursement program.
TransCore DAT is proud to support workforce diversity and is a committed equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We encourage women and minorities to apply.
To learn more about TransCore please visit us atwww.DAT.com.
Sponsorship and relocation assistance are not offered at this time for this position.
All referrals and resumes are managed exclusively through the Human Resources Department. TransCore DAT will not consider unsolicited résumés from vendors including search firms, fee-based referral services and/or recruitment agencies.
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume (in confidence) using the “Apply Now” function.
We thank all applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
Are you a returning applicant?
If you do not remember your passwordclick here.
Back to Search Results
* Site Map |
* Terms & Conditions |
* Contact |
* Product Login |
* © 2013 TransCore. All rights reserved. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.